Search This Blog

February 25, 2012

More Chinese Calligraphy




As an artist I have always been in the habit of buying brushes that are different than the ones I already have on hand whenever I happen upon some on sale. Can't resist a good price you know! That is how I happened to purchase a Chinese Calligraphy brush some twenty five years ago.

A friend of mine who has a habit of coming up with some pretty strange ideas decided he wanted to have some Chinese Calligraphy done so he could put them on large ceramic floor tiles for a landscaping project he was doing. Of course, he asked me if I would take the commission to do a set of them for me.

Not sure if it was the friendship or the challenge but I decided that I might as well take on the challenge since  I already had the brush! Some days, I'm way too easy to get along with....